[ale] an aside - mathematics for programming

Pritchard, Kenneth kenneth.pritchard at intervoice-brite.com
Tue Nov 21 10:49:32 EST 2000

Any kind of graphics programming is math
intensive. 3D graphics involve essentially
multivariable vector calculus and linear
algebra. Game programming can even involve
some physics. On the other hand, I deal
with telephony and work with an API to the
cards and it involves almost no math except
for decoding data that we might receive.

I've gotten through calc 3 and am in physics.
I'm looking forward to differential equations
and linear algebra. After you take some math,
you'll see lots of places it's required. So
go ahead and get started. The sooner you start,
the sooner you'll be finished.

Hope it helps,
Ken