[ale] Question

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Sun Nov 19 08:15:37 EST 2000

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 07:19:48PM -0500, Thompson Freeman wrote:
> Is there a switch/option for fstab to mount a partition to be owned a
> particular user? I'm a little bit befuddled, although I did check the
> mount and fstab man pages. Due to obtaining a new hard disk, and wanting
> to get some disk space for my lousey file housekeeping, I would like to
> put just my private directory on a separate partition, and have that
> automounted at boot.

If it's an ext2 filesystem, no.  Linux wil not allow users to casusally
override the security model.

However, if it's a Fat32 or something like that with no real security
model, you can probably use the uid= and gid= options to alter the
filesystem's owner. (see the man page!)

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                    pizzaATfucktheusers.org
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                           ICQ# 1318344