[ale] mutt AND netscape AND pine

Chris Ricker chris.ricker at genetics.utah.edu
Thu Nov 16 12:17:22 EST 2000

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Brandon Hall wrote:

> The reason I use mutt is the flexibility.  I've remapped all my keys
> to match Pine's functionality as much as possible, and I use
> fetchmail/exim/procmail to deliver to my Netscape e-mail folders,
> which I read mostly in Mutt but occasionally in Netscape.
>
> I guess the next step is to create a personal FAT32 mail partition and
> transfer everything there so I can continue reading mail from Netscape
> even when I boot windows.....

Just use the Netscape roaming profiles.  You store everything on a server
running apache + mod_roaming (or an LDAP server, if you have one handy), and
then you can probably get your mail from any netscape 4.x on any platform.
I only use it for bookmarks (I prefer to use a *real* MUA ;-) but I think
it'll do your address books, mail folders, etc. as well.

One of the many reasons I don't use Mozilla yet is because this feature
hasn't been implemented for it yet....

later,
chris

--