[ale] shell scripting

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Wed Nov 15 21:08:23 EST 2000

hi there,

	Thanks, what I actually ended up doing was taking out the 127 and
replacing it with 1 cause I wanted anyhting that wasn't in
shared-ips... but that got things going in the right direction. I also
axed the && echo "$d" so I could pipe it through wc and find do some
addition to check that I was getting the right number.
	original list
     -  ones already added
     = output from script (which it did)
However I am a little confused by the 127, why is it that if I say
grep something file, from the prompt I get 0 as an exit status and 127 if
I do it in a script. Anyone know?

Thank you
Ken