[ale] Don't leave your soul in the parking lot from 9-5!

mag453 at rowing.co.uk mag453 at rowing.co.uk
Wed Nov 15 09:45:56 EST 2000

WorkingSpirit™ Newsletter
Exploring Mind, Body, & Spirit in the Workplace
www.workingspirit.com
copyright 2000
Nov. 15, 2000

Welcome to the premiere issue of WorkingSpirit™ Newsletter -
for those who don't want to leave their souls in the parking lot from 9-5!

Our purpose is to make your life at work more satisfying by presenting
spiritual tips for dealing with problems in the workplace. We'll suggest
ways you can strengthen your creativity, improve your communication
skills, release stress, and discover a whole new way of creating positive
change for yourself and your company. From employee to manager to
CEO, we aim to help you thrive.

If you enjoy this newsletter, please feel free to forward it.

Randy Peyser, Editorial Director
For editorial inquiries, contact: editor at workingspirit.com

In This Issue:

ONE MINUTE MEDITATION

*** Coping with Change
www.brushdance.com/tpl_ws/ws_newsletter_s1.tpl

FEATURES - SOUL-ORIENTED SOLUTIONS IN THE WORK PLACE

*** What's Preventing You From Receiving That Raise or Promotion?
You and your co-worker have been assigned a project. As competent,
intelligent people, you each contribute your individual expertise to get
the job done. Yet, in the end, it is your co-worker who receives the
recognition. Why? Suze Orman, one of the country's most recognized
financial consultants and best selling author of  "The Courage to Be Rich"
and "The Nine Steps to Financial Freedom," believesÂ… www.brushdance.com/tpl_ws/ws_newsletter_s2.tpl

*** A Simple Exercise to Release Anger
Identify a person at work who triggers your angerÂ…
www.brushdance.com/tpl_ws/ws_newsletter_s2.tpl

*** A Zen Approach to An Overwhelming "To Do" List
With the increasing demands placed on companies to keep up with
the competition, it is not uncommon for workers, from entry level
employees to CEOs, to have "To Do" lists which are as long as the
company payroll. A lengthy "to do" list can cause a lot of personal
stress. Norman Fischer, founder of the Everyday Zen Foundation
offers an inspiring insightÂ…
www.brushdance.com/tpl_ws/ws_newsletter_s2.tpl

*** Stressed? Bring Your Higher Self to Work
Meetings with the boss. Phones ringing. Rewrites requested.
Proposals overdue. No matter what the source of stress at
your office, by learning how to connect with your Higher Self,
you have the power to instantly change the way you feelÂ…
www.brushdance.com/tpl_ws/ws_newsletter_s2.tpl

WHEN SPIRIT RULES - TIPS FOR MANAGERS

*** Tip to Improve Employee Satisfaction and Productivity
Is it safe for employees to tell the truth in your company?
In companies where people feel safe to tell the truth, hurts
and misunderstandings are resolved more quickly. As a result,
employees feel more enthusiastic about their jobs. Brad Blanton,
author of  "Practicing Radical Honesty," believes in telling the truth
100 percent of the time in the workplaceÂ….
 www.brushdance.com/tpl_ws/ws_newsletter_s3.tpl

*** Tip to Stimulate Creative Problem Solving
If you are busy, you might feel burdened when employees
need assistance in solving problems. A tool to help employees
find their own solutions isÂ…
 www.brushdance.com/tpl_ws/ws_newsletter_s3.tpl

Have a topic you'd like us to address? Let us know!
editor at workingspirit.com

FENG SHUI TIP FOR YOUR OFFICE

*** Sally Fretwell Offers Advice on Desk Placement
www.brushdance.com/tpl_ws/ws_newsletter_s4.tpl

	ASK KATE - INSIGHTS FOR YOUR SOUL AT WORK

*** Kate Kirner Addresses Your Issues in the Workplace

This Week's Questions:

*** It feels like my supervisor is following me around all of the time.
She makes me feel self-conscious and self-critical about my projects.
What can I do?

*** Our workforce is housed in several different locations.
It is a challenge to keep us all focused on a common goal.
Any suggestions?

*** I'm a receptionist and my desk is the first one people pass
when they come through the door. The staff races by me all day
long and it is exhausting. How can I change this?
www.brushdance.com/tpl_ws/ws_newsletter_s5.tpl

Have a question about how to handle a situation at work?
Ask Kate! askkate at workingspirit.com

            EVENT LISTINGS

*** Dec. 2-7  The 2000 International Conference on Business and
Consciousness
www.brushdance.com/tpl_ws/ws_newsletter_s6.tpl

Have a spiritually based, work-related event you'd like to add?
Let us know: event at workingspirit.com.

"subscribe wsls" in the body of the message.

with "unsubscribe wsls" in the body of the message.