[ale] procmail stuff

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Tue Nov 14 15:53:19 EST 2000

Hi there,

	This is my question. procmail knows where my maildir is cause I
told it that in the rc file. But that's only so I can say if this
condition is met go ahead and dump the mail into ${MAILDIR}/folder right.
procmail can read the mail from /var/spool/mail right. So even if the user
never logs in I can say if condition send the mail to /dev/null, right?

	My second question is this. I am setting procmail up on a Debian
box which has this in the sendmail.cf file,
Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9,
 S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL,
 R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
 T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
 A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u

But I don't have this like I would on a RedHat box,
Mprog,          P=/usr/sbin/smrsh, F=lsDFMoqeu9, S=10/30, R=20/40, D=$z:/,
                T=X-Unix,
                A=sh -c $u
Instead I see this, and I don't understand how to make use of formail, as
I cannot put it in the /etc/smrsh dir,
Mprog,          P=/bin/sh, F=lsDFMoqeu9, S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL,
 	 	R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
	        D=$z:/,
                T=X-Unix/X-Unix/X-Unix,
                A=sh -c $u

Uhg, Anybody out there good with sendmail? I have way more homework to do
on this subject...

thank you
Ken