[ale] ftp login problems

Phrostie phrostie at nownetworks.com
Sun Nov 12 09:49:15 EST 2000

I've been trying to ftp between two linux boxes.  one is mdk6.0 and the other
is a mdk 7.0.  it's been a complete nightmare.
it's telling me that the logins are incorrect.

[phrostie at agusta phrostie]$ ftp atlanta
Connected to atlanta.ga.
220 atlanta.ga FTP server (Version wu-2.6.0(1) Tue Jan 4 19:41:20 GMT 2000) ready.
331 Password required for phrostie.
530 Login incorrect.
Login failed.
ftp>

i know they are correct because i can rsh to the same box with the same
login/passwds.  i've done this before on older dist's(with more lacks security).
i'm guessing it has something to do with shadow passwords.

any ideas?

phrostie at nownetworks.com
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of Dos
http://www.nownetworks.com/~phrostie/cad-tastrafy