[ale] Computer Alarm

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Fri Nov 10 09:13:06 EST 2000

Benjamin Scherrey writes:
 > I've got a dual 500MHz Celeron system (that I bought from Linux General
 > Store last year) that has been working just great. However, two days ago
 > it started periodically sounding a two-tone alarm from the PC speakers
 > that I can't figure out a reason for. Its quite loud. I rebooted the
 > machine (thus killing my 74 day uptime :-( ) and checked the CMOS but
 > the temps were under the warning range (I presume this is the sound
 > that's made from a BIOS problem - just a guess). Can anyone tell me what
 > this tone is from? Has this happened to anyone else before?

That information is MB dependant.  Did LGS give you the motherboard
manual?  That information should be there, though sometimes it isn't,
in which case you'll have to do some web research or email/call the MB
manufacturers tech support.

Some of us here might have the same MB.  If you can figure out the
model, let us know.

-Michael