[ale] Password script for NT4 Linux environment

Ben Phillips pynk at angband.org
Thu Nov 9 13:57:18 EST 2000

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Martin Nichols wrote:

> I am looking for a pasword script that when a windoze user changes his
> password it will also change the password in Linux for the password and
> samba files for that user.

I assume the user in question is going to be running this as a shell
command.  In which case, he should just use smbpasswd (you can always rename
/usr/bin/passwd and replace it with a symlink to smbpasswd if you have to),
and then enable password synchronization in /etc/smb.conf.

                      __   _                 "I hate to advocate drugs,
Ben Phillips         /  '_' )         ,,,     alcohol, violence or
pynk at angband.org     |  | ()|||||||||[:::)    insanity, but they've
                     \__.-._)         '''     always worked for me."
		                                 -- Hunter S. Thompson