[ale] DNS trics

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rnd-consulting.com
Tue Nov 7 16:28:33 EST 2000

Ok,
  I have a friend playing with DNS.  His SOA has this:

(~)[134]$ cat /etc/namedb/named.SOA
$TTL 86400              ; Minimum TTL 1 day
;
@       IN      SOA     ns1.domain.com. mybox.domain.com. (
                2000102401      ; serial
                1800    ; Refresh after 30mins
                1800    ; Retry after 30mins
                1800 )  ; Expire after 30mins

He needs it so that his info in DNS for people who look him up expires
after 15-30 mins.  He doesn't get alot of trafic but his dialin
goes crazy some days.  This looks right, but before it's unleashed
on the net we'd like to make sure.

Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!