[ale] ssh multihosts, 1ip, many port

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Tue Nov 7 15:41:02 EST 2000

    Robert> I'm trying to scp some files to a number of hosts behind a
    Robert> firewall.  To connect I scp to the firewall on a high port
    Robert> and it forwards to the right host.  I'm getting this:

[...]
    Robert> I know I need to change something and I don't remember
    Robert> what.  Anyone know?  my /etc/ssh/ssh_config has the host
    Robert> entries for all the hosts setup so I can go directly to
    Robert> the name and it figures out the port/IP problem.

        At least as far as the openssh man page goes, it says that you
can have multiple lines for the same host with different keys.  From
man sshd(8):

     When performing host authentication, authentication is accepted
     if any matching line has the proper key.  It is thus permissible
     (but not recommended) to have several lines or different host
     keys for the same names.  This will inevitably happen when short
     forms of host names from different domains are put in the file.
     It is possible that the files contain conflicting information;
     authentication is accepted if valid information can be found from
     either file.

        So try putting in entries for each real host under the name of
the outside firewall host.

770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=