[ale] KDE 2.0 on RedHat 7.0

Kyle Beckman flachebaq at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:54:35 EST 2000

I've punted RH7 and gone back to RH6.2, but I'm pretty sure I remember that
the documentation for installing KDE2 still wants you to use startx.  By
default, it will, of course start Gnome on a Red Hat system.  Create a text
file named .xinitrc (in your home directory) and put startkde2 on the first
line of the text file.  Just type startx and that should start KDE2.
(Please note:  this is based on the downloadable ISO's and the pre-release
version of KDE2 that is in RPM form on those two CD's).

~~Kyle