[ale] RH6.2/Win95 Disk Confusion - OT?

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Fri Nov 3 15:28:16 EST 2000

The non-Win95-standard partitioning (multiple primary partitions) of your
Linux disk might be causing Win95 to choke; I would have suggested this more
*conventional* approach...

  hdb1 - /boot
  hdb2 - extended
  hdb5 - swap
  hdb6 - /
  hdb7 - /home
  hdb8 - /usr
  hdb9 - /opt

Also, make certain that hdb partitions are a type Win95 doesn't recognize
(i.e., 83-linux, 82-swap) as the DOS convention is to assign drive letters
(starting with C:) in this order:

   drive 0 primary partition
   drive 1 primary partition
   drive 2 ...