[ale] Gdm problems

Douglas Bridges doug_bridges at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 2 18:15:27 EST 2000

I just upgraded my version of gdm using Helix Update. I am not having
problems logging into my desktop using my regular user. After I type in my
user name and password, the screen looks like it is logging in, and then the
screen blanks, and the gdm login screen comes back up. However, I can login
fine as root from gdm.

My .xsessions-errors file has the following listings:
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
xsetroot: unable to open display ':0'

It then repeats this error for freetemp, xrdb, xrdb, xdpyinfo, xmodmap, and
my window manager.

I know I am missing something obvious.

Douglas Bridges