[ale] SMB Printing

Douglas Bridges doug_bridges at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 1 18:25:14 EST 2000

I am a newbie to Unix printing, and I am having problems getting my Linux
laptop to print off to my HP LaserJet 1100 that is attached to a W2k box. I
can look at the shares on the box fine, and I have been able to use smbmount
to mount a drive using the same username and password. I tried to use
printtool to set up the printer. However, whenever I try to send test print,
nothing happens (as far as I can tell). The HP doesn't get any data, but I
can't find any error messages. Are there any tricks to get this to work? I
am using SAMBA 2.0.7 and printtool 3.44.

Doug Bridges