[ale] Upgrade Time

Fulton Green me at FultonGreen.com
Wed Jun 28 23:43:09 EDT 2000

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 05:20:28PM -0700, Douglas Bridges wrote:
> First, does anyone have a good suggestion for a laptop that costs $3000 or
> heading off to law school in the fall and I need a good laptop to use.

After you find what you're looking for on your favorite e-auction or other
used site, check the Linux Laptop compatibility list (linked somewhere off of
LinuxDoc.org or LinuxHardware.net) for it. If memory serves, trackpoints are
limited to IBM Thinkpads, WinBooks, and Toshibas. And I'm not sure if all the
Winbooks and Toshibas have trackpoints.

> Second, I am upgrading my desktop, and I would like to add a new harddrive.
> Next, what are peoples experiences with Corel Linux. Costco is selling the
> deluxe edition(with Civ:CTP and WP 9) for $24.99. I will be using the
> installation as both a client and a server box.

Corel's based on the Debian distro, so it can't be all bad. :) An ex-coworker
installed it and had very glowing things to say about its ease of both
installation and usage.