[ale] dump->no streaming & emerg.floppy can't find /dev/nst0

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at flash.net
Tue Jun 27 20:27:28 EDT 2000

Greetings Once More !

I am attempting to dump from RedHat [while logged in as usual, not from
floppies] to a scsi tape [Exabyte 8500, 5 gig, 8mm] and find the
harddrive and tape constantly oscillating back & forth in intervals of
2-3 secs ea.
	dump 0unBf 5000000 /dev/nst0 /

Also, when I use the Boot/Supplemental floppies, all is well when I
chroot from /mnt except that dump can't find /dev/nst0. What must I do
to cure this ?

Perpetually Appreciative... (of all the help from this group),

Courtney