[ale] Microsoft .net project

Jim Kinney jkinney at teller.physics.emory.edu
Sat Jun 24 21:59:19 EDT 2000

Actually, a distributed arrangement that uses key-encryption for file
storage might be an even better arrangement. Multiple distributed
machines to store multiple copies of all your stuff. Accessable only by
your key would keep out the machine provider. Having a parallel
distributed system adds redundancy and safety that it would take more than
one machine/network to go down to block access to your stuff. A browser
with a combination of XML and java for decryption/encryption so only the
encrypted data is transmitted. Also a systemk for keeping the multiple
copies in sync with distributed  binary diffs. Sound like gnutella is good
starting point for the distribution system.

I really don't want one single entity having access to all the data in the
world 'cause it's stored on their machines with their software.

JimK