[ale] Using portsentry

David Corbin david.corbin at machturtle.com
Tue Jun 20 08:23:10 EDT 2000

I'm curious as to how folks have portsentry configured, and what (if
anything) they do when an attack is detected.   There are certainly  a
whole bunch of options, and I'm not enough of a security guru to know
what's best.

One thing I"ve tried, but had trouble with is using route to cut off
access. The documetation talks of adding a route to your static routes
that sends the packet to 333.444.555.666.  Well, my route command won't
take that.  So I tried 192.168.255.254, and it doesn't like that
either.  Is there a "/dev/null" equivalent in the networking world?

Thanks.
--
David Corbin
Mach Turtle Technologies, Inc.