[ale] article for ComputorEdge

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Mon Jun 19 10:03:24 EDT 2000

    David> Hi, As you know I write articles for ComputorEdge
    David> (www.computoredge.com) from time to time.  I'd appreciate

Actually, I didn't know.  Now I do.  :)

    David> your critiques of my latest one if you have time and
    David> interest.

I like the article--it is short and to the point, like BB.  That's
twice this week that I've heard of BB (Petreley mentioned it in an
article, too) so I guess that means I have to check it out.

Beleive it or not, it sounds too full featured for me.  I'm now using
flwm (you can find it on sourceforge).  It is very minimalistic--no
themes or docks.  It has crude KDE and GNOME support, though I find
that the latest version of gnome doesn't really understand it.  The
coolest thing is that it have titlebars on the lefts side of the
window.  And separate buttons for horizontal and vertical
maximization.

BTW, your ctgz script is more complicatied than it need be for Linux.
As long as you are using gnu tar, you can do 'tar tzf - ${file}'
instead of  'gzip -dc ${file} | tar tf -'.  But either will work fine.