[ale] dsl from speakeasy?

Ray Knight - Clientlink rayk at clientlink.com
Thu Jun 8 10:00:31 EDT 2000

I haven't had any significant problem since I started service with them just
before Christmas.  There was an outage that I hadn't noticed, I wasn't home
at the time.  They had a piece of hardware fail, along with the backup and
had to have a part flown in, according to their status page.  You get free
dialup access whenever the DSL link is broken, so I could have dialed in and
discovered what the problem was if I had noticed the link was down.

I have IDSL and they have provided me with 4 static IP addresses.  I also
have a login on their Linux box, if I want to check my mail when I'm
traveling.  They have recently started providing a lower cost service called
Hot Wire and I haven't yet discovered what the difference is.

Overall I'd say my only complaint is the $92.45 per month price.  But as I
was paying $35 for an extra phone line and $19 for my ISP and was never able
to get better than throughput with a 56K modem than I did with a 28800 baud
modem, one could say I'm paying twice as much for 5 times the throughput.

Ray Knight
audilvr at speakeasy.org