[ale] dsl from speakeasy?

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Jun 7 23:36:20 EDT 2000

    Wandered> Anyone dealt with speakeasy for dsl?  They're telling me
    Wandered> they can get me hooked up, ulimited throughput, they
    Wandered> support Linux, don't care if you run servers (no irc
    Wandered> servers).  Sounds too good to be true.  Anyone have any
    Wandered> experiences with them?

        I've got IDSL from them (I'm pretty far away from the CO).
Aside from BellSouth taking 3 fscking months to get the line hooked up
correctly (which they didn't have a whole lot of control over) and
occasional short outages (not more than ~30-40 minutes at the longest
not more times than I can count on one hand (but then I count on my
fingers in binary so that could be up to 31 :)), I don't have any real
complaints against them. The ping time to the router I'm off of is
miserable for things like Quake, but they're supposedly were
considering an Atlanta POP, so that  could get better eventually.

        I'm paying $90-ish / month for 144k, 4 dedicated IPs, a shell
account on one of their machines.  I've got my personal domain hosted
off my own box running my own dns, web, and mail.

678 443-6239(w)       |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=