[ale] Apache error message

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 30 16:54:04 EST 2000

I had a message similar to this after reading the apache manual and
configuring apache on my workstation.   Be advised that some of the
Virtual Host syntax changed in Apache as of version 1.3.13.  Redhat
6.2 ships with 1.3.12.   After I upgraded apache (I found a newer rpm
from www.rpmfind.net), I got different messages.

If you are going so far as to setup virtual hosts, it would be worth
your while to learn the config format and look at the file by  hand.

-Eric.