[ale] recommended advanced linux book?

Bighead bigh3ad at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 27 07:27:15 EST 2000

Guys,

I'm reasonably experienced in the Linux but lack
detailed knowledge of the lower level details of the
os.  I'm now at the point where I would like to move
to the next level, getting into the down and dirty
operating system details and into some system
programming.

I'm looking for a resource (book, site, extended
learning, etc.) to help guide me on this quest and
wanted to hear what the group had to say.

I will say that I'm fairly advanced when it comes to
computers in general (have around 3 years of
professional programming experience) and pick up on
things very quickly, so I think the "Dummies" or "21
days" books are not what I'm looking for.  I value a
detailed explanation much more than a simplistic one.
In other words, I'd rather buy something I'd have to
read 3 times to understand if it meant the alternative
would sacrifice detail for simplicity.

I would say at this point, I'd lean more towards an
operating system internals book rather than a system
programming book because it seems to be the obvious
sequence.

Thanks for your help!
BH