[ale] Finding your name server?

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Fri Dec 22 15:20:23 EST 2000

Hi there,

	As far as nameservers go it doens't really matter. Any nameserver
will do. You can assk AOL's name servers and guess what, they will answer.
I just went and did a whois on bellsouth.com and I got these two
nameserver.

   Name Server: IOCEXTDNS1.BLS.COM
   Name Server: IOCEXTDNS2.BLS.COM

Go ahead and do an nslookup on them and then you can create a
/etc/resolv.conf file that looks like this.
search bellsouht.comB
nameserver 139.76.64.6
nameserver 139.76.67.7

Look, I even did the lookup for you :) I hope this helps.

Ken

--
I've got all the money I'll ever need if I die by 4 o'clock.
                -- Henny Youngman