[ale] Adding second disk...

Mark Reynolds reynolds at pinckneya.peachtree.sgi.com
Fri Dec 22 12:55:28 EST 2000

Hi Dan,

  Add the drive to the system and mount on a temporary mount point.  Then
you can use cpio to copy the current contents of /usr over to the new drive.
  Then you can unmount the new drive from the temporary mount point and set
it up in fstab to mount as /usr and reboot.
  Let me know if you need more details on any of the steps.  SGI also has
a Knowledgebase on http://support.sgi.com with a lot of How_to's.

-Mark

Dan Mount wrote:

> Sorry about the non-Linux related post, but maybe someone here can
> help....
>
> I've got an SGI Indigo2 that I'd like to add a second hard drive to. I'd
> like to mount it as /usr. I'd like to move everything in the current
> /usr to the new drive. What's the best way to accomplish this?
>
> ---...
> Dan Mount
> ...---

Mark Reynolds                           (770)631-2250
Silicon Graphics Computer Systems       Toll free (800)800-4SGI
Technical Support Engineer              VNet 6-828-2250
Customer Support Center - Atlanta   	reynolds at peachtree.sgi.com