[ale] sun rpc services

Joe Steele joe at madewell.com
Thu Dec 14 18:25:00 EST 2000

I generally don't believe that commenting out lines in
/etc/services is a very effective way of blocking
services.  The file is merely a convenience for connecting
names with port numbers through the use of the
getservbyname(3) function.  It might work in some cases,
but daemons which don't bother looking up names and
instead connect to ports directly using the port number
will be unaffected by such efforts.

--Joe