[ale] Debian Upgradability

Douglas Bridges doug_bridges at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 17:01:04 EST 2000

I am currently running Mandrake 7.1 on my laptop, and it is working pretty
well. However, I don't feel that it is very easy to update as MandrakeUpdate
has not been my friend because I have had to install some things from
source. I was thinking about moving over to using Debian, and I was
wondering what sort of experiences people have had using Debian as a
workstation. Is it easy to keep Debian up to date with apt-get and how hard
is it to get Debian configured to work well as a desktop machine?

Doug Bridges