[ale] LinuxPPC image, is it iso9660?

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed Dec 13 11:28:00 EST 2000

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Wandered Inn wrote:

> I downloaded the 'apparent' LinuxPPC image from linuxiso.org, then
> attempted to mount it using the loop device.  No go.  I figured what the
> hell, so I burnt, what now appears to be a coaster of this 'image.'
> Question is, I assumed that this would be an iso9660 format.  I
> downloaded this for someone else, and know little about Apple hardware,
> but expected that they use the same cdrom format, since I've purchased
> cdrom games that have both Windows and Mac versions on the same cdrom.

It's probably a ISO9660 + HFS (it needs the HFS partition so it'll be
bootable by Macintrash).  See mkhybrid(8) for info on how to make the
images....

If that's what it is, you should just be able to burn it with cdrecord.

later,
chris

--
Chris Ricker                                               kaboom at gatech.edu