[ale] Quick substitution question

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Wed Dec 13 10:24:46 EST 2000

Did you try

:%s/	/|/g

where that huge space in the middle was caused by hitting the Tab key?

If that doesn't work, try this command recipe from your shell:

tr -s "\ooo" "\ooo" < infile > outfile

substituting the octal values of the tab and vertical bar characters,
respectively (I learned that from this forum just a few days ago :).