[ale] LinuxPPC image, is it iso9660?

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Dec 13 10:13:25 EST 2000

Andrew Newton wrote:

> I ran into the same problem, though I never got to the
> bottom of it.
>
> I believe it is a special format designed for Apples.
> The reason it isn't ISO9660 and it is this "special"
> format is that they wanted it bootable on a Mac.

Well that pretty much sucks.  So basically I've got a coaster and a huge
file that's probably totally useless to me.  Anyone know of a PPC iso I
can get my hands on that I can burn to a cd from my Linux box?

> If you want to know if it worked, but the CD in the
> computer and hold down the 'C' key during boot time.
> The computer should boot off of the CDROM instead of
> the default boot device.

I suspect you're referring to the mac?  If so, I'm out of luck as I
don't have one.  I really don't want to give this to the guy I was
burning it for, as he's just wanting to try Linux, and I don't want to
turn him off by giving him a disk that won't boot.

> At the end of the day, the safe bet is to order the
> CD's from LinuxPPC.com.  I believe the cost is $20
> or so.

Yeah, well, the bandwidth was available and he's a poor college kid.  I
thought I could get him something without costing him or I any $$$.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The