[OT] [ale] Re: FYI - Charter Customers - Not specifically ALE re lated

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sun Dec 10 15:06:38 EST 2000

I got going with Telocity DSL here in Charlotte. Once going (we had some
"issues" to deal with, some of my own creating 8-(, others Bell South,
still others Telocity being over extended at the time), it has been
generally smooth. I've had some 24 hr outages, which usually got blamed on
Bell South, and I've fouled up my system on my own. Customer service has
been up and down (short waits, long waits, good responses, questionable
answers, and so forth), but I'm kind of expecting that from everybody
now.

Bottom Line? I'm happy enough with Telocity as the whole package to stay
with them.

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Cade Thacker wrote:

> Hello, I use Telocity DSL at my house here in Smyrna.  It works great.
> Very little down time, and I was right on the distance bubble (~15,500),
> so i get about (up 400/down 400).  I was up and going within half an hour
> out of the box.(including reading the instructions) My big complaint was
> that it took them freakin forever to get my line set up, but I think that
> had to do with a combination of HellSouth and Telocity screwing up
> together....anyway I had been on a modem for years so I figured what would
> be one more month.  I do get a psudo static ip.  I have to set my nic to
> dhcp, but I am suppose to keep my same IP. I am not running any servers so
> I have not bothered to check, so when i signed up they told me that they
> could set up their DNS to point my site www.cade.org to my linux box here
> at the house. I did not take them up and kept hosting where it is.  I have
> had VERY little down time.  Like one or two times for about an hour.  My
> config is a RH6.2 firewall masq-ing a dual boot laptop, and a second RH6.2
> workstation.
>
> If you(or anybody) has any specific questions about Telocity, i will be
> more than happy to answer any of them.
>

> --cade

<<big snip>>
The harder I work, the luckier I get.