[ale] Re: FYI - Charter Customers - Not specifically ALE related

Cade Thacker cade at computerreligion.com
Sun Dec 10 12:15:17 EST 2000

Hello, I use Telocity DSL at my house here in Smyrna.  It works great.
Very little down time, and I was right on the distance bubble (~15,500),
so i get about (up 400/down 400).  I was up and going within half an hour
out of the box.(including reading the instructions) My big complaint was
that it took them freakin forever to get my line set up, but I think that
had to do with a combination of HellSouth and Telocity screwing up
together....anyway I had been on a modem for years so I figured what would
be one more month.  I do get a psudo static ip.  I have to set my nic to
dhcp, but I am suppose to keep my same IP. I am not running any servers so
I have not bothered to check, so when i signed up they told me that they
could set up their DNS to point my site www.cade.org to my linux box here
at the house. I did not take them up and kept hosting where it is.  I have
had VERY little down time.  Like one or two times for about an hour.  My
config is a RH6.2 firewall masq-ing a dual boot laptop, and a second RH6.2
workstation.

If you(or anybody) has any specific questions about Telocity, i will be
more than happy to answer any of them.

--cade

"Burn your tv in your yard, and gather round it with your friends,
and warm your hands upon the fire and start again" --Toad the Wet Sprocket