[ale] PCI devices

Matt Shade mshade at threekay.com
Fri Dec 8 13:13:32 EST 2000

Hi,

Starting the archive search now, but thought I'd
ask on here in the meantime.
I have an HP Pavilion with the SiS5513 PCI bus.
Can't install NT on it, and I Hate Win98 (yes, with at capital "H"). But I have
some apps for work that HAVE to run on Windows, so I'm keeping it dual boot for
the time being til I can test VMWare or something else.

Anyway, there's a NE2000 clone and a 56k
plug'n'play modem, and the audio device comes off the PCI bus. I rebuilt the
kernel to make sure these devices were enabled, but I can't seem to see the
modem or the audio device. The network card shows up, but then fails
with:
    SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource
Temporarily Unavailable

I've added an append "ether=" line in lilo, but no
effect.

Boot up in windows to get the IRQs and IO
addresses:
net card:  5  1020-103F
modem:   ?  03e8-03ef
(doesn't give an IRQ used)
audio:
10 1040-107f

I'm sure there's a simple explanation, but I've
been away from installing linux for a while, so it'll probably take me a while
to find it.

Any guidance is appreciated,
Matt

Oh yeah, this is with SuSE Linux 7.0, I believe the
kernal is 2.2.16