[ale] Administrivia: restrict_post has been turned on

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Dec 7 13:04:19 EST 2000

"Joseph A. Knapka" wrote:

> I think the policy should be as liberal as possible - reject
> blatant spam, but accept anything that's even vaguely Linux-
> or open-source related, including job-related posts and
> adverts for software or other services of potential interest to
> the group.

In most cases, this would be pretty easy to do, as any non-subscriber
posting to the list would almost always fall into one or the other
category.  Pure spam, or pretty well on target.  There are always going
to be a few on the border, and I'd say err on the side of forgiveness.

I don't think I've ever posted from another email address, but I'd hate
to block those folks who have honest questions, because their not
subscribed.  I would suspect that most non-suscribers would be posting
questions or spam.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein