[ale] Fetchmail/Sendmail now working together, thanks.

John Mills john at mills-atl.com
Thu Dec 7 12:06:50 EST 2000

Hello -

Just for closure, I want to report the conclusion of my fetchmail/sendmail setup problem.

The Good News: It works. I did a [second] clean re-installation, and this time ran the setup Perl
script thoughtfully sent by Jonathan R. When I ran through the dialog, I was 'on the air', and now
make simple trims by manually editing '~/.fetchmailrc'.

My reservations: The resulting fetchmail config is clear and simple, but I should also look at what
was done with 'sendmail's configuration. Since it works, I probably won't be that ambitious until I hit
the next rock.

Thanks very much to those who helped.

 - John Mills