[ale] FYI - Charter Customers - Not specifically ALE related

Michael Smith MSmith at webtonetech.com
Thu Dec 7 10:01:19 EST 2000

	Here's an FYI for those of you using the Charter Cable Modem service
and have COM 21 modems.  I just talked to someone at Charter Communications
and found out that they are taking all the COM 21 modems out of service.
They are also moving to DHCP from static IP's(major bummer).  They will be
replacing all the COM 21 modems with Surfboard modems within the next couple
off months.  The major bummer is that they will still offer static IP's but
at $150.  I guess I might start looking at DSL again.  The static IP was the
only thing keeping me on cable anyways.....

Michael A. Smith
Senior Software Developer