[ale] TV in/out - Still not getting ALE mail...

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 6 02:03:22 EST 2000

This is weird, I'm still not getting any ALE mail.
Maybe my ISP is refusing mail from ale.org for
some reason (eg ORBS or such)? That would be
perverse, but I don't know what else to think.

Anyway, some time ago someone on the list was
talking about recording Babylon-5 in MPEG
format. I'd like to do something similar -
basically I want to build a TiVo-like system.
I think I have a handle on getting the TV
signal into my Linux box and doing the MPEG
encode/decode, but I haven't been able to find
any solid data on video cards with TV-out
supported under Linux. Does anyone have any
recommendations for that, or for this kind of
thing in general?

Please reply to me directly at jknapka at earthlink.net
and/or joe.knapka at transcore.com.

-- Joe Knapka