[ale] Inbound port forwarding.

Gary S. Mackay Gary at edisoninfo.com
Wed Aug 30 08:45:57 EDT 2000

I had this all working just fine with a modem connection to the 'net. I
recently installed a cable modem which works great, (except that they block
port 80 but that's another story), but can not get the inbound forwarding to
work now. I have an application running on an NT box behind the masq'd network
that is listening on port 5993. I used that ipmasqadm command to forward that
port from the linux box to the NT box. Worked just fine with the modem. Now I
can see the packets come in on eth0 and die. I'm guessing I'm missing
something that tells the packets to jump across to the eth1 card so they can
get to the 192.168.x.x address of the NT box. What am I missing?

- Gary

--
Edison Information Technologies
P.O. Box 554