[ale] LOCAL: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts Meeting Sep 2000

ale at tazmania.org ale at tazmania.org
Mon Aug 28 23:55:01 EDT 2000

        Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - September meeting notice

               Join your fellow Linux enthusiasts for
                   our regular monthly meeting!

                   Thursday  14 September, 2000
                           7:00 PM
                Georgia Tech College of Computing
                           Room 16

	        	    THIS MONTH:

	          Topic: Creating CDs under Linux
	        Speaker: Chris Fowler, Computone Corporation

	This will be a walkthrough presentation of how to use
	a CD writer and associated software under Linux. The
	focus will include the use of mkisofs, cdrecord, and
	X-CD-Roast. The discussion will include configuration
	issues associated with the use of IDE CD writers.

	Chris is a Product Marketing Manager for Computone Corporation.
	He's been working with Linux for the past 5 years, with a
	background in AIX and SCO Unix. Job functions include:
	Product Marketing and Design, Project Management Main Product
	Produced: Mulit-Port Serial I/O bards, Terminal Servers,
	Console Management Servers, Remote Access Server, and Terminal
	Servers.

          For more info about ALE, visit our web page:
                      http://www.ale.org/

        For directions to the Georgia Tech College of Computing:
       http://www.cc.gatech.edu/external.affairs/directions.html