[ale] Disk Image Question

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Fri Aug 25 17:49:40 EDT 2000

        If you're planning to use RedHat, you might want look into
their kickstart installation mechanism.  It allows you to create your
own custom installation specification that details how to find network
information, what rpms to load, lets you write a script to be run post
install, yadda yadda yadda.  Similar to Solaris' Jumpstart.

        Search redhat.com for kickstart, but I believe it's documented
as an appendix to their Installation Guide. Also c.f. the mkkickstart
manual page to get a sample script generated from an installed
machine's configuration.

678 443-6239(w)       |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=