[ale] Simple Word Processor

Bryan Veal veal at uga.edu
Thu Aug 24 12:26:34 EDT 2000

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 11:55:45AM -0400, Tommie M. Jones wrote:

> I haven't had to write a whole lot of documents lately and since my last
> major one I've switched over to Linux as my client system.  I am having
> trouble finding a simple word processing system that supports a few fonts
> and Bold text.  StarOffice is too huge.  I like AbiWord but it has already
> crashed on me 3 times.  Does anyone have any suggestions.

Have you tried LaTeX?  It's not a word processor...more like a markup
language interpreter for paper.  No WYSIWYG GUI crap here. :)
Should be easy to find in rpm or deb or whatever you like.  Packaged as
part of teTeX.

--
Bryan Veal, Web Programmer and Content Provider
Warnell School of Forest Resources, The University of Georgia