[ale] Oddness from gcc and configure

Beeland, Jason beeland.j at ems-t.com
Thu Aug 24 09:35:14 EDT 2000

Heh, you guys are prolly tired of hearing my
pathetic newbie self, but I'm just pathetic
enough to ask anyhow.  :P

Ok, i got gcc working for c++, and i got the
package to compile.  But now (and i tried both
versions of the package i have just in case) it
gives me an error like this when I run it:

icqmail: error in loading shared libraries: libguile.so.6: cannot open

The other version of it gives the same error only for libicq.so.0 rather
than libguile.  I checked in the /usr/local/lib directory and both those
files are there...  So i'm at a loss.  The Makefile is identical (at least
as far as the LIBS stuff goes) to the system i have which it did compile and
execute on (it's inside the masq tho so it doesn't wanna run right, icqmail
doens't have support for specifying port ranges which is how i got icq to be
masq friendly using ipmasqadm and a perl script :P ).  So I am at a loss.
Again any input is wonderfully, wholehearted appreciated.  :-)

Thanks again,
Jason Beeland