[ale] current pulled by computer power supply

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon Aug 21 08:25:36 EDT 2000

Well since I started this thread, I thought I'd provide an update.  In
complete disregard for a more conservative approach, I said to hell with
it and just powered everything up to see what, if anything would happen.

Well, everything runs fine.  I'm still going to borrow a good meter from
my neighbor and see what I can determine, but for now, I'm not having
any problems.

It's very likely that my daughter's computer is on the same breaker as
her bedroom is adjacent to this one.

Based on the assumption that all the outlets as well as the ceiling
light/fan are on the same circuit, I'm running the following from my
single bedroom converted to office:

Always up:

4 mid tower computers (pentium or better)
1 desktop computer (pentium)
two UPSs
two printers
one scanner
one external modem
one laptop with docking station
one Viewsonic 20G monitor
one ceiling fan
one 60 watt bulb
one VCR (rarely used, mostly just blinks 12:00)
one answering machine/cordless phone
two eth. hubs (5 port and 8 port)
one linksys proconnect cpu switch
two webcams that require external power supply
one parallel zip drive
one scsi external syjet drive
one faxpal fax receiving device
two sets of externally powered speakers

Pulls power only when used or is not always powered up:

1 laptop with docking station
one electric pencil sharpener
one paper shredder
three extra 40w bulbs when my wife comes in the room and tells me it's
too dark to work and turns on the ceiling fan lights
one 9" TV (rarely used)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

Microsoft != Innovation