[ale] Sendmail Question

Brown, Matthew MBrown at msdemo.ms.gmsmail.com
Fri Aug 18 13:02:29 EDT 2000

I've
done this, but it was two years ago.  Wow!  Can it have been that long
ago that I was a true newbie?!  I am usinga Cobalt for the job right now
and it's a champ.
<SPAN
class=533135416-18082000>
<SPAN
class=533135416-18082000>Anyway, back to you...  As I recall it was a real
sonofagun dealing with compiling it to support multiple virtual domains, but it
does eventually go.  I was not very good at dealing with the compiler,
though, so it may have been just me.  Here are the caveats that stick out
in my mind:
<SPAN
class=533135416-18082000>
<SPAN
class=533135416-18082000>-    there is a file that lists the
domains the server accepts mail from - sendmail.cw? -
important!
<SPAN
class=533135416-18082000>-    you must make sure your DNS server
is set to send the proper mail to the sendmail server (for me it has always been
the only MX record for a domain, but some people get into needing several mail
servers, but sendmail will handle a TON on only one
machine.)
<SPAN
class=533135416-18082000>-    last but not least -
learn until you OWN the FAQ's and tech doco on sendmail.org.
They are long, but they are correct in every detail I have tested them on. -
VERY GOOD DOCO!!!
<SPAN
class=533135416-18082000>
<SPAN
class=533135416-18082000>-Matthew Brown

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Michael Curtis
  [mailto:michael at servicecpa.com]Sent: Friday, August 18, 2000 12:49
  PMTo: ALESubject: [ale] Sendmail
  Question
  Does anybody know how to support 2 domains in
  sendmail??  I've been tasked with setting up a 2nd Domain and I'm
  completely lost.  I would appreciate any help

  Thanks,
  Michael Curtis