[ale] kernel compile won't boot

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Wed Aug 16 08:49:23 EDT 2000

That's not weird, just a bad combo of certain versions of kernel/gcc/bintools
on your target machine. Is the "compile works" machine also Mandrake, but
just a different version? Or something completely different? Maybe in the
docs supplied in the kernel source tarball, but definitely on kernelnotes.org,
is a list of minimal versions of software needed for a successful compile.
That said, I've been using egcs (the default Red Hat compiler) in lieu of
the legacy gcc for my compiles.

kernelnotes.org) is a list of *minimal* versions of various software you