[ale] pcAnywhere through an ipchains firewall

Joe Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 10 15:45:48 EDT 2000

Wandered Inn wrote:

> Joe Knapka wrote:
> >
> > [Replace pcAnywhere with VNC]
>  .
> > http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc
>
> And vnc works from a non-windows machine as well as provides an X server
> for windows.

Good point. I love VNC, use it for everything. I telecommute 100%
of the time (when I moved to El Paso I kept my job in Atlanta),
and it does pretty much everything I need.

The only thing I wish were possible is attaching a VNC server to
an existing X session. Given the way the Unix version of VNC works,
though, that's probably not going to happen.