[ale] Tech support

Jennifer Taylor JMTaylor at wpo.co.chatham.ga.us
Wed Aug 9 13:54:28 EDT 2000

** Low Priority **

LinuxCare provides pay-for support for all major flavours of linux, and RedHat supports their distro.  Now the question is, where do you get the little demons that whisper in management's ear "Linux is goooood...Linux is stable...Linux is fast..." instead of "M$2000 is NEW!  and SHINY!  and ...uh...it sorta works....sometimes...but it's NEW!!"

jenn

>>> Chris Champness <cchampness at csihq.com> 08/09 1:42 PM >>>
A colleague who works for a (very) large engineering corporation made a
remark to me the other day when the topic of Linux came up.  He said
that in his organization the idea of running Linux comes up from time to
time, but the wet blankets always say "Yeah, but where are you going to
get tech support?".  My response was that there is a lot of free support
online.  This list is certainly one source.  However, I would like to
send him a list of several good resources.  Any suggestions?
TIA
Chris