[ale] Hacking root password

Carl Forsell cforsell at roman.net
Wed Aug 9 08:44:38 EDT 2000

Well, back to this beast... I have been trying this suggestion as well as
others and have had no luck.

I can catch it at the lilo boot and enter linux -s... it does take me to
single user mode... and then asks for the root password.

I have noticed that the "recovery" disk that I have tried booting from is
generic and it appears as though the scsi controller is not being
initialized

I pray to thee, oh gods of knowledge, help me to rise from this sea of
ignorance and dispair that are binding my very soul!