[ale] 1024th cylinder

Douglas Knudsen dtk at math.ufl.edu
Mon Aug 7 22:45:54 EDT 2000

Point noted.  So, it looks like a moot point if you have a post 1998
motherboard, or there abouts.  Don't quote me on the date, I'm low on RAM.

On Mon, 07 Aug 2000, Ben Coleman wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Aug 2000 22:11:12 -0400, Douglas Knudsen wrote:
>
> >With the latest LILO out now, isn't this a moot point?
>
> Doesn't LILO access past cyl 1024 depend on BIOS support?  If your BIOS
> doesn't have the appropriate support, you'll still have to deal with
> this.
>
> Ben
> --
> Ben Coleman oloryn at mindspring.com    | The attempt to legislatively
> http://oloryn.home.mindspring.com/   | micromanage equality results, at
>                                      | best, in equal misery for all.

Cheers!
Douglas Knudsen
Alltel Information Services
Internal Support and Development   <--Hey!  These views are MINE!

"Nuclear war would really set back cable."
                -- Ted Turner

"Guns don't kill people, physics does!"
John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun      <--thanks giancarlo

Got Linux?  http://www.linuxmall.com